Adding connections and getting testimonials are great ways to demonstrate your social mission and how you've had an impact on your community. We call this third party social proof!
This enhances your brand and reputation as a company that cares which builds trust and loyalty with customers and employees, and attracts top talent who share your company's values.
Once you're finished completing your profile, it's time to add connections with non-profit and charitable organizations you currently support or have supported in the past.
Here's how to do it:
- Within your company’s Management area, go to the "Community Connections" page.
- You'll automatically land on the "Connections" tab. Select the "Add or Invite Organization" button.
- You'll see a list of non-profit and charitable organizations that are on the Do Some Good platform. Select the "Add Connection" button to add an organization to your profile.
(Note: if you look at the list and see multiple versions of the same organization, choose the one with a green checkmark and bolded location. This means they are active users on our platform.)
- Even if the organization is not on the platform, you can still add them as a connection. Simply type in the organization name and click the "Would you like to add...?" link.
- You have several choices here. You can choose to add just the organization name to your profile, name and logo, or name, logo and organization's email address to invite them to join the platform (recommended).
Once you hit "Save", the organization will be added to your profile as a connection.
Once you've added connections with non-profit and charitable organizations you support or have supported, get a testimonial from each organization.
Does the idea of asking for testimonials feel strange?
As a community-minded business, we know you want to give without expecting anything in return. But the truth is, non-profits and charitable organizations are always looking for ways to thank their supporters, and sometimes feel they aren't thanking them enough. They will be glad to hear from you and more than happy to share a story about your support!
Here's how to do it:
Note: When you add a new connection, we automatically nudge them to leave you a testimonial, so for new connections, you may want to wait a few weeks or a month before requesting one.
- Within your company's Management area, go to the "Community Connections" page.
- You'll automatically land on the "Connections" tab. You'll see a list of your connections. Simply hit "Request Testimonial" next to the connection you'd like to receive a testimonial from and we'll send them a request!
- Even if an organization is not on the Do Some platform, you can still request a testimonial from them.
First, make sure you've added them as a connection.
Then go to your "Community Connections" tab and click "Request Testimonial" next to the organization name (see screenshot above).
A "Request Testimonial" window will open. Fill in the organization email address and write a custom message (optional) and click "Send Request".
- Once you receive testimonials from non-profit and charitable organizations, they will appear in your "Testimonials" tab and will automatically be added to your profile. You can choose to hide any testimonials from your profile by clicking the "Hide from Profile" button.
Invite others to join Do Some Good!
Send an invite to the top 5 organizations you support to use our platform for FREE. That's right! Your membership allows causes you care about to use our platform for free. This increases volunteerism and support to ALL nonprofits and charities in your community.
Imagine how excited these organizations will be to have a valuable, free tool to use that could bring them more awareness, donations, and support all because of YOU!
Share your testimonials!
Sharing testimonials is a great way to elevate your brand as a company that cares, and build trust and loyalty with customers and employees!
- Share your testimonials on social media! Go to your Management area and click on "Community Connections". Now go to the "Testimonials" tab. Click the three dots next to "Hide from Profile" to instantly share on your social media channels.
- Use our customizable widgets to have testimonials automatically feed to your website!
- Share testimonials on your Do Some Good newsfeed and they will appear on local media sites (where available)!
- And keep in mind, you can request testimonials as many times as you'd like, so consider scheduling times throughout the year, such as after a donation or at the end of your donation cycle.