Inviting your employees to join the Do Some Good platform is a great way to enhance employe engagement and encourage their connection to the community. Your employees are your greatest ambassadors and can also help share stories of your company's community impact.
Before You Invite Employees
Before you invite your employees to join Do Some Good, we recommend you give some thought to what your goals are for using Do Some Good and how your employees fit into that plan. Getting clear on this from the outset will greatly increase your success rate.
Also, what are your expectations of employees? What do you want them to do?
- Do you simply want to provide them with a tool to connect with their community and find local volunteer opportunities?
- Do you want them to post stories when at company events and volunteer days?
We recommend focusing on ONE ask of employees at the beginning to keep things simple and drive engagement.
Employee Communication Resources
We have some great resources to help you communicate to your employees about the Do Some Good platform. Pull messaging and ideas from these resources, or attach them right to your employee communication - whatever works best!
- (Email Template) Invite Employees to Join Do Some Good
- Employee Info Slide Deck
- Employee Quick-Start Guide
A few other things to consider when introducing employees to Do Some Good:
- Have some senior leaders sign up first. Have them fill out their personal profiles (photo, volunteer experience, etc), so these can act as examples for other employees.
- Have employee champions. If your company is large, it might be a good idea to invite employee champions (e.g. in each branch or department) to come on first and then empower them to help bring on others. Here's a Sample Letter to Invite Employee Champions (SaskEnergy).
- Ask that employees tag your company in their story posts. When your employees post about your company and tag you, you receive a notification and can approve that employee story to appear on your profile and website / intranet (if you have widgets embedded). Note: You can also set things up so all employee stories are auto-approved. See this article to learn how.
How to Invite Employees
To invite employees to join Do Some Good, head to the "Team" page in your left-hand navigation and click on the "Invite Employees" tab.
Here you will see two main ways you can invite employees:
- Via a ready-made email Do Some Good has created, and optionally choose to include your own custom message OR
- You can copy the employee invite link and paste it into your own communication tool (email you've prepared, intranet site, company onboarding materials, etc.)
- Note: The employee invite link expires after 1 week for security reasons. If you would like a longer expiry date, just email the Do Some Good team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Momentum with Your Staff Intranet
One great way to build momentum as you roll out Do Some Good to your employees is to embed widgets on your staff intranet and add a message such as "Want to see your story featured here? Share a story on Do Some Good and inspire others to do good"
Employees will love to see their stories and see what others are up to, creating a culture of community at your workplace.
Increase employee engagement at your company by spotlighting employees for the good they do in the community.
Use Do Some Good's Story Generator tool (and our ready-made employee spotlight template) to have these spotlight stories auto-created FOR you. That's ready-made authentic content that you can share to social media, your website / intranet, and even local media sites.