What should you post on the News page? Anything that celebrates 'Goodness'!
Whether you're posting about a cause that matters to you, volunteerism, or acts of kindness, the aim is to inspire others and share the great things that people are doing in our community to make it a better place!
Not sure How to Post ? You can make posts engaging by adding a picture (using the camera icon), by using @ mentions, or by pressing the 'pin' icon (next to the camera) to choose to embed Videos, GIFs, Tweets, Do Some Good events & positions and more!!
5 FUN EXAMPLES OF WHAT TO POST
- Stories of Recognition
- Celebrate Acts of Kindness
- Stories of Impact
- Showcase Donations & Charitable Actions
- Promote Ways to Get Involved
1) STORIES OF RECOGNITION
Tell us about volunteers who inspire you. Recognize your neighbour, customer, friend, co-worker, boss, family member, employee, team or anyone that makes a difference in our community. Organizations can also show appreciation to their donors and sponsors. Remember to mention those that you are recognizing.
***In addition to recognizing people within stories, you can also nominate them for a Volunteer Spotlight.
2) CELEBRATE ACTS OF KINDNESS
It is important to acknowledge and celebrate goodness, no matter how big or small! A story doesn't need to be about some huge event, sometimes it is the small things that matter the most!
3) STORIES OF IMPACT
People want to know what the impact of their time was. They want to hear about the difference that was made through their contributions.
Share a story about how people’s time, donations and effort have affected real change in our community and celebrate the goals that were reached!
4) SHOWCASE DONATIONS & CHARITABLE ACTIONS
Many individuals, organizations and good companies show how caring they are by giving their time and money. You can use storytelling and @ mentions to thank them and recognize them for their contributions.
5) PROMOTE WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Let people know how they can get involved to make a difference, whether that be an upcoming event, a volunteer opportunity or another unique way for people to support a cause.
In addition to user generated stories, Do Some Good will feature the following:
- Organization Spotlights: We will be featuring organizations and their impact on our community. Organizations need to have completed their profile to be featured.
- Popular Posts: If a story receives a high level of reactions from your volunteers and followers, we will share the post with all users.
- Emergency Posts: If there is a time critical need to get information out to the community, we will feature a post to help mobilize volunteers for a local emergency situation.
Stories that will not be featured as community posts are regular status updates, event updates, requests for donations or general operations posts. These will be visible to people who are connected as a volunteer or employee or those who chose the organization as a favourite, but will not be featured on the community news feed.
**Do Some Good reserves the right to remove any post from the News Feed and we also reserve the right to not share any user generated story.