Typing out long links into your phone can be time consuming and prone to errors, QR codes provide a quick and easy way to navigate to a web address just by pointing your phone camera at it.
- What is a QR Code?
- What Can Be Shared as a QR Code?
- How Do I Share the Codes
- How Does Someone Use a QR Code
What is a QR Code?
A QR Code is a visual symbol that can be used to represent a digital object like a website address or a contact information. In the same way a bar code can be used to encode product details at a grocery store, a QR code can be used to link to Do Some Good pages or content.
What Can Be Shared as a QR Code?
Anything that can be shared in Do Some Good can be shared as a QR Code. That includes stories, events, positions, business, user or organization profiles, forms, testimonials or anywhere else you see a 'Share' button.
How Do I Share the Codes?
You can print cards with your Do Some Good business profile QR code, display on posters at your business or websites. Anywhere a person can point their smartphone camera at is a good place to put a QR Code.
You can download a high resolution image of the QR code by clicking on it in the Share dialog. This download can be used for printed material or electronic publications.
How Does Someone Use a QR Code?
Every smart phone camera has the ability to read QR Codes. Navigating to a QR Code link is as simple as 1 - 2 - 3!
- Open your phone camera and point it at the QR Code (Make sure you are in 'Photo' mode as opposed to Video or Panoramic)
- Wait for the camera to focus and show you a link/button. In the screenshot of the iPhone below. it is the yellow link under the QR code.
- Click on the link and your phone will open a browser and take you to the shared content.