Find the perfect volunteer position that matches your skills & interests!
*If you are already volunteering and your position is not posted on Do Some Good, please go to your profile and "add position".
- Searching for a Position
- Position Cards
- Volunteer Positions Finding You!
- Allow Organizations to Contact You
Searching for a Position
Whether you use our mobile application or a web browser, it is very easy to see what volunteer positions are near you. To find the listings in your area you do the following:
- In the app, click the menu button in the bottom left, the menu will fold out and you select the 'Volunteer' option.
- In a web browser you click on the 'Get Involved' button in the top navigation bar, then you select 'Volunteer Opportunities'.
- Search by Causes you are interested in and/or by Skills you have to offer
- If you have filled out your profile, you can very easily just click "Use My Causes" or "Use My Skills" or both to search for positions that perfectly match what you are looking for
- Choosing multiple Causes or Skills will widen the search and find more results (e.g. environment or poverty)
- You will see positions that are in your area (within 50 km of your city) as well as any positions posted by your employer or volunteer organization even if they are outside of that range.
More Search Options
- Automatically includes cities nearby (within 50km) by default, but you can uncheck "Include nearby cities", so that the search only shows positions within the city you've chosen
- Search by the organization or business that has posted an event or position
- Find positions that have been tagged by volunteer managers as suitable for families, youth, groups, and/or for special needs & diverse abilities
- Search by the 4 types of positions that are described more below:
Event-based positions are tied to physical events that have a scheduled start and end date and time, with the possibility of multiple roles or positions being involved.
Ongoing positions are perfect when you need a reoccurring role filled (e.g. board position, coaching) that may or may not be scheduled over a duration of time (e.g. 1 hour a week for 3 months).
Virtual positions are great when a set task can be completed remotely from the comfort of the volunteer’s home. This could be used for branding, accounting, creating websites, etc.
Flexible positions offer the freedom to have volunteers apply and then fit the role to their schedule. This allows you to communicate whether the role is casual, reoccurring, and may or may not be scheduled.
- Cards include a Title, Name of Organization (Hosted by or Beneficiary), the position type, the date, the city where the positions is located, the impact of the position and the causes that are supported. If the position has been posted by a business, it will also say "Hosted by" at the bottom.
- Cards change from blue to green once you have applied for a position, so you can easily see which ones are new.
- Click on the cards to view more information about the position. If the position is part of an event, you can access the event page once you click on the position.
Volunteer Positions Find You
Volunteer positions that match your skills and causes you care about will show up in your 'News' area of Do Some Good. Make sure that you have filled these out appropriately on your profile. Feel free to learn more about each of these positions and apply once you see a position that interests you.
If you are not interested in a suggested position that shows up in your news area, simply ignore it or click 'Not Interested'.
No problem! Allow organizations to contact you with potential opportunities with one click. You can access this option from your 'Settings & Privacy' page, as well as from the 'Get Involved' page (near the top left).
You will be added to a list that organizations (not businesses) will be able to message you if they feel you would be a fit. Since this functionality is based on finding the most suitable volunteer and lists your skills, please make sure you have filled out your Skills and Causes on your profile.
This tool is not a mailing list or a bulk communication tool, this is for volunteer coordinators with specific needs finding the perfect person.
- The administrator WILL NOT get your email address, this is only communication through the Do Some Good messaging system.
- An administrator CAN NOT bulk contact multiple people, each message must be sent individually.
- You can opt out at any time and will be immediately removed from the directory. Any administrators who had reached out to you will retain the conversation in their message history.
Organizations will see something similar to the following: