Making connections with businesses and organizations helps to personalize your experience and makes it easier for you to interact with things you care about.
There are TWO ways to connect with community organizations and the causes you care about via the 'Get Involved' menu.
Local Organizations allows you to view a directory of charities, non-profits and organizations in your area. See which organizations focus on the causes you care about. You can easily favourite them and visit their profile to learn more about them or message them to get involved.
Volunteer Opportunities provides a more detailed way of getting involved where you can find new events and positions that match your interests and skills. There are a variety of filters you can use to search for volunteer opportunities, such as by location, time commitment, and in-person vs. remote.
The 'Good Companies' page is a directory where you can interact with community-minded businesses:
- Access a list of local Good Companies that contribute to our community through donations and volunteerism
- See which companies share your same interests
- View the collective impact of all Good Companies on Do Some Good and visit their profile to learn more!
- View special offers from Good Companies
- 'Favourite' companies to stay up to date with their most recent news stories of corporate goodness
BUILDING YOUR COMMUNITY
When you first sign up, we recommend you start building your community by heading to the "Get Involved" tab and favouriting all of the local organizations you volunteer with and/or care about. When you favourite an organization or business, you will then see their posts show up in your newsfeed so you can stay in the loop of all of the good happening around you!
If an organization that you support is not yet on Do Some Good, you can easily invite them:
- Click the 'Get Involved' taband go to the 'Local Organizations' page
- Press 'Invite them to join!' within the top text area
- Enter the email address of the organization you care about
- Press the send invite button
When you go to your profile, you will now see a list of your favourited organizations and businesses. You can use this list to more easily interact with these connections.
You can post a story about organizations, businesses or certain people (co-workers and fellow volunteers), using @ mentions to recognize them for their community goodness. Some of these may require approval before being shared on their profile, depending on what level of connection you have with them.
Each connection type is described below, detailing how the connection is made and what it offers:
- Become an Admin by registering a business or organization. Current admins can also invite others to become administrators or can elevate an employee's permissions to become an admin.
- Admins can post stories to their business or organization profiles with no approval
- Admins have access to the business or organization profile, dashboard and management functionality. Learn more about being a Business Administrator or Non-Profit/Charity Administrator in our Help Center.
- Become an Employee by being invited by your company. If your business is using Do Some Good, ask them to send you a link to make the connection. If they're not on Do Some Good, send them an invite!
- Employees will also be able to post inspiring stories to their business profile with no approval necessary.
- Employees get to learn more about the good their company and co-workers are doing and see relevant stories and activity from colleagues and employers. Businesses gain insight to be able to match their donations and support in alignment with their employees' interests. Check out the "Employees" section in the Help Center for more.
- Create this connection by adding a position on your profile yourself or by applying for a new position on the 'Get Involved' page. If your application is still pending and has not yet been approved, you will not yet be able to log hours for the position.
- Visit an organization's profile (using the top search bar), click "Favourite" and then you can choose "I'm a volunteer".
CUSTOMER / MEMBER
- Creating this connection not only allows you to stay up-to-date with businesses that you support, but they may also choose to make donations in alignment with their customer's interests.
- Visit a business profile (using the top search bar), click "Favourite" and then you can choose "I'm a customer or member".