Build your brand by personalizing your organization's profile, inspire others with your involvement in the community and raise awareness of your cause.
This will attract new donors, volunteers and sponsors while increasing retention of your current supporters.
- Bring Your Page To Life With Imagery
- Setting Up Your Address Book
- Build Your Brand Identity
- Engage Business Supporters And Partners
- Engage The Community
- Populate Your Profile... Together
- Promote Your Profile
Bring Your Page To Life With Imagery
- Add your logo - Your logo is used whenever we mention your organization on the platform. Sometimes, when we list you with a group of other businesses or organizations, your logo is all that will be displayed.
TIP: a square logo looks best on our platform. Choose a high resolution image, we can re-size it for you!
- Add a profile banner - Personalize your profile with a wide image for the top of the profile. This image changes depending on the viewers browser, if you are including logos, people or text, then centre that subject matter vertically rather than near the top or bottom of the image.
TIP: A wide image works best, something like 1440 * 400 is a good place to start.
Setting Up Your Address Book
Build Your Brand Identity
- From your profile page click ‘edit profile’ to add contact info and link social accounts
- Add a YouTube video
- Add your top 3 causes
- Create an organization description and overview by filling out ‘About us’ and ‘Community mission'
TIP: Try to be concise, but include what your organization does, its specialties, and what makes your organization unique
Engage Business Supporters And Partners
You can recognize businesses that support your organization by:
- Writing them a testimonial
- Showcase their logo on your profile under a section labeled "We work with the following Businesses"
*Learn how to complete both of these actions from your Business Recognition page
NOTE: When employees volunteer for an event or position that you have hosted, their company is recognized for their involvement. Businesses cannot pay to have their logos appear, and must earn the ability to be included in a section on your profile that says: "Employees from these businesses volunteer with us:". We call this "Earned Branding" for businesses that show they care about getting involved in the community.
- Registered Charity ID (if applicable): if you are a registered charity, enter your official ID. Do Some Good is planning on integrating with a payment processor, once we do you will automatically get a 'Donate Now' button right on your profile!
Engage The Community
- Post stories about community involvement, donations, working with business users of Do Some Good, or to recognize volunteers.
- Add any events or positions. This can be done from your ‘Management’ area. These positions and events automatically populate based on what you have created under the 'Management' tab. It will only show active and upcoming positions and not display archived, completed or past positions. If you have not yet added an event or position, this section will be hidden from your profile until you do.
TIP: Once you post a position or event - share it to the newsfeed (and social media) to raise awareness!
- Re-share great content! When you find a great story on Do Some Good, you can select "Share" and then choose "Share as Story". When you re-share the original post, you may want to @ mention any organizations, good companies or people that you work or volunteer with, so they are notified.
Click HERE to learn more about adding positions for an Event
Click HERE to learn more about adding non-event positions
Populate Your Profile.... Together
- Invite volunteers
- Encourage volunteers to use @ to mention your organization when posting stories
All posts by your organization and about your organization (by volunteers or supporting businesses) will appear here once you approve them. As an admin, you can also post from this page on behalf of your organization. Learn more about How to post a story to recognize others and strengthen your relationship with businesses.
Now, It’s Time to Promote Your Organization's Profile!
There are plenty of ways for users to discover your organization's page on Do Some Good on their own, but there are also things you can do to actively promote your page. Use the ‘share’ button on your profile to share your page on social media.