Easily invite your volunteers, admins, business connections and more!
Getting your supporters connected has benefits for your organization as well as for your volunteers! Whether they are already using Do Some Good or not, sending an invite creates a connection between them and your organization.
Benefits for your Organization:
- grow your database of skilled volunteers and supporters
- build stronger business relationships
- recognize volunteers using @ mentions in stories and adding testimonials about individuals or the business they are connected to
- streamline your communication using group messaging
- empower volunteers to share your story
- use data for grant applications
Benefits for Volunteers:
- they can easily log their volunteer hours with your organization
- receive recognition (e.g. endorsed skills, testimonials, volunteer spotlight nominations)
- receive streamlined communication
- be empowered to help share your story
INVITING VOLUNTEERS is Easy!
- From your management area, go to the 'Volunteers' page and select 'Invite Volunteers'. Then, you can choose how to invite your volunteers. You can also invite volunteers from the 'Invite' page as well.
If you have a mailing list, you can simply use your email client and copy and paste the link into an email to your volunteers
- Alternatively, you can choose to invite new volunteers by entering one or many e-mail addresses or by sharing a link via your current social networks
*TIP: when you send an invite, encourage the first steps that you would like volunteers to take (e.g. complete their profile, sign up for a position you posted, share a story about their peers).
INVITING ADMINISTRATORS & EMPLOYEES
You can give employees of your organization admin privileges to your organization's Do Some Good account by:
- Go to the 'Admins & Employees' page in your management area
- Press the 'Invite Admins' or 'Invite Staff' button and type in the email of the employee you would like to make an admin or staff. Refrain from sharing this link publicly, as it will automatically connect the user to your company as an employee or admin.
- If they are already an employee, go to the "Admins & Employees" page in your Management area and you can change their permissions from 'Employee' to 'Administrator'
*TIP: IF you want to invite your staff, all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your mailing list
INVITING YOUR BUSINESS NETWORK
You can invite businesses who support your cause to connect with you on Do Some Good. If the company you are looking for is not registered on the platform, easily send them an invitation to connect with your cause by:
- Go to the 'Invite' page in your management area
- Click the tab that reads 'Businesses'
- Send them a message directly encouraging them to join the platform
If the company is already registered on the platform:
- Go to the 'Business Recognition' page in your management area
- Click the tab that reads 'Logo Placement'
- Click the green 'Add Business' button and search for that company
Please sign in to leave a comment.