This simple yet powerful system will allow administrators to spend less time organizing and more time focusing on your mission.
Looking to dig deeper into some specific how-to tips and tricks? Check out these articles:
What’s changed since the old system?
In a few words, it’s more powerful, flexible, streamlined, easy-to-use and offers more value and benefits than ever before!
- More powerful: For those that need the minimum, prepare for fewer questions and a better experience. For those that need a fully fledged scheduling system, prepare for options that make your life easier, powerful calendar integrations, better communications options and new abilities like adding people to shifts and logging hours on their behalf...you’re welcome.
- More flexibility: Easily change events and positions from public to private or back again. We’ve also added more visibility options so you can reach the right audience in the way you want to. Made a position that was supposed to be part of an event? No problem, easily link or unlink positions from events at any time!
- Streamlined and Easy-to-use: Although the new features are more powerful and flexible, we’ve also focused a lot on making it quick, easy and a great user experience.
- Increased Reach & Exposure: Not only have we overhauled events and positions, but we’ve also added brand new features like events widgets and positions widgets, so you can easily auto-populate your website with opportunities to support your organization.
What’s the difference between events, positions, and shifts?
- Events are a moment in time. Events can be used to increase awareness and exposure for your event, track attendance and streamline communications. Optionally, events can also have volunteer positions and shifts linked to them.
- Positions refer to a role. Positions can stand-alone (e.g. board position) or be part of an event. The purpose is that you need someone to commit any amount of time to a specific thing to be done. Both events and positions can be private for your current volunteer base or public to everyone.
- Shifts refer to time slots for a position. It simply provides details of how many people you need at a specific time.
Take a look at our webinar to introduce the latest updates and improvements to the Events and Positions system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.