Do Some Good's simple yet powerful Positions & Events system allows you to spend less time organizing and more time focusing on what truly matters.
- Positions & Events Walkthrough (Webinar - 24 min)
- Positions, Events & Shifts Explained
- Create a Position
- Create an Event
- Volunteer Scheduling
- Syncing your Calendar
- Volunteer Management
Positions & Events Walkthrough (Webinar - 24 min)
This is a great intro and overview of the powerful Positions & Events system, including scheduling features. Definitely worth a watch before you begin posting events or positions.
Positions, Events & Shifts Explained
- Positions refer to a role. Positions can stand-alone (e.g. board position) or be part of an event. The purpose is that you need someone to commit any amount of time to a specific thing to be done. Both events and positions can be private for your staff or public.
- Events are a moment in time. Events can be used to increase awareness and exposure for your event, track attendance and streamline communications. Optionally, events can also have volunteer positions and shifts linked to them. Events can be as big as a fundraiser or large community event or as small as a jeans day, internal food drive or neighbourhood clean-up.
- Shifts refer to time slots for a position. It simply provides details of how many people you need at a specific time.