Do Some Good's easy-to-use Management tools ensure you can quickly approve applicants for positions or events you have posted.
Note: For each submission, you will also see a red circle with a number in it that represents how many new submissions there are.
Once you post a position, either your employees or the public will be able to apply for the position. Under the "Volunteer Applicants" tab, you will be able to:
- View basic information about each position you posted, as well as the start date and location.
- See each applicant's name, profile picture, when they applied, where they are located, and a personal message from them (if they chose to write one).
- You can also click on their name or profile to learn more about the applicant, such as what types of positions they have been involved with in the past and skills they have used.
- If you need more information from them, you can "message" them.
- If the position is full or the applicant does not meet the position's needs, you can "deny" the application. The volunteer will receive a notification that "they have not been approved" and the "pending" position will be removed from their profile.
- You can "approve" the applicant, which will increase the number of Positions Filled (e.g. 4/8 Positions filled).
- If you need more volunteers than you originally thought (e.g. you created the position for 4 volunteers and now you need 6), simply approve as many as you need; the platform will automatically update the numbers for you.
If you need to remove an approved employee/volunteer from a position, all you have to do is:
- go to the 'Positions & Events' page in your Management area,
- select the "Volunteer Positions" tab,
- click on the 'Volunteers' button on the position card,
- hit the remove button next to the volunteer's name.
If any of your volunteers are a 'no-show' and did not end up volunteering for a position that you posted, all you have to do is:
- Go to your Management area > "Positions & Events" page > "Volunteer Positions" tab,
- Use the drop-down to select "Completed Positions" if the position is in the past,
- then simply use the same process as above to remove the volunteer. This will remove the position from the volunteer's profile, as well as from their options to log hours for it.