Whether you are using Do Some Good to recognize existing volunteers or recruit new ones, you can use the platform to easily send reminders, updates and thank you messages to targeted individuals or groups.
SENDING MESSAGES TO INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEERS
- Press the mail icon, select ‘create new’ and type the first 3 letters of a volunteer’s name in the ‘To’ address
- You can also go to your Management area, head to your 'Volunteers' page and select ‘message’ beside a volunteer
- Want to recognize a top volunteer? While you're on the dashboard, check out the 'Most Active Volunteers' list, which also has a message icon beside each person to congratulate them
GROUP MESSAGING OPTIONS
Choose one of the following options from the dropdown list:
- ALL Admins: if you have multiple administrators and need to send information to all at once, choose this option.
- ALL Volunteers: is typically the last option and will say "Volunteers of [your organization]". This send a message to all current and past volunteers if you wanted to broadcast a mass update or call for help
- Active Volunteers of ....(Position): sends a message to all volunteers that have applied for a specific position and have been approved. This is great if you only need to inform a certain group about something (e.g. those running registration at an event vs. every person at event)
- Active Volunteers of....(Event): sends to ALL volunteers that are volunteering for an event that you have posted.
*You can also post a story to the newsfeed to be seen by your volunteers, people who have favourited your organization and likely the entire community on our community newsfeed.
Article is closed for comments.