Showcase your company’s community involvement to attract new customers, increase customer loyalty and to enhance your reputation in the community.
You may have already completed a great deal of this information during registration, but you can always edit and refine your profile by pressing "edit profile" from your profile or by going to the "Business Profile" page in your Management area.
Note: some of the information on this page automatically updates based on your activity (e.g. posting stories) and the activity of others (e.g. writing testimonials).
5 Helpful Tips:
- Bring Your Page to Life
- Build Your Brand Identity
- Show That You're a Good Company
- Engage Your Employees & the Community
- Populate Your Profile...Together
1) BRING YOUR PAGE TO LIFE
- Add your logo - Your logo is used whenever we mention your business on the platform. Sometimes, when we list you with a group of other businesses or organizations, your logo is all that will be displayed.
Tip: a square logo looks best on our platform. Choose a high resolution image, we can re-size it for you!
- Add a profile banner - Personalize your profile with a wide image for the top of the profile. This image changes depending on the viewers browser, if you are including logos, people or text, then centre that subject matter vertically rather than near the top or bottom of the image.
Tip: A wide image works best, something like 1440 * 400 is a good place to start.
2) BUILD YOUR BRAND IDENTITY
- Add contact information
- Link social accounts
- Add a YouTube video
- Create a company description and overview by filling out your ‘About us'
Tip: Try to be concise, but include what your company does, its specialties, and what makes your business unique
3) SHOW THAT YOU'RE A 'GOOD COMPANY'
Note: Before you are listed in the 'Good Company' directory, there are a few required criteria to complete. You can view this criteria and your progress towards being listed in the directory by editing your profile from your Management area.
- Add your top 3 causes (key company pillars)
- Fill out what your company believes in
- Get a testimonial from a community organization
- Add your company's contributions (volunteerism and/or donations) - optional
- Add Organization relationships from your Management Area - optional
4) ENGAGE YOUR EMPLOYEES & THE COMMUNITY
- Post stories about community involvement, donations, working with charities, or to recognize employees. Users can engage by reacting to stories using emojis. You can also find positions or events you feel employees would be interested in and share these with your employees.
- Add a special offer to catch the eye of prospective customers. A section will appear on your business' profile and beside your company's name on the 'Good Companies' page. This can be done from your ‘Management’ area, by accessing the 'Offer's page
- Add any cause marketing events or positions. This can be done from your ‘Management’ area
Tip: you can create positions as private, so only your employees will be able to see these when visiting your profile
5) POPULATE YOUR PROFILE...TOGETHER
- Invite employees & have them fill out causes on their personal profile. This populates your ‘Top supported causes by employees’ section
- Encourage employees and charities to use @ to mention your business name when posting stories
- Encourage charities to write testimonials about your company and employees (which populates the ‘What people are saying’ sections)
- If you are supporting an event being held by a charity, ask them to enter your company name under ‘supported by’ when creating the event on Do Some Good. This populates your ‘Supported events’ section
Now, it’s time to promote your company profile!
There are plenty of ways for users to discover your company page on Do Some Good on their own, but there are also things you can do to actively promote your page. Use the ‘share’ button on your profile to share your page on social media.
Tip: Add your business profile URL to your outbound emails, within your newsletters or your recruitment and CSR communications. Contact your Do Some Good customer representative to receive a custom URL (e.g. dosomegood.ca/u/businessname)