Do Some Good's easy-to-use Management tools ensure you can quickly approve applicants for positions you have posted.
Note: The total number of approvals (including volunteer applications, volunteer hours approval, news stories and donation requests) are highlighted with a number in a red circle next to the 'Approvals' tab in the left-hand side navigation bar.
Click on approvals and navigate to the 'Volunteer Applicants' tab.
1. APPROVE APPLICANTS
Once you post a position, volunteers will be able to apply for the position. Under the " Volunteer Applicants" tab, for each position, you will be able to:
- View basic information about each position you have posted, as well as the start date and location
- For each position, see each applicant's name, profile picture, when they applied, where they are located and a personal message from them (if they chose to write one)
- You can also click on their name or profile to learn more about the applicant (it might be helpful to know about what types of positions they have been involved with in the past and skills they have used)
- If you need more information from them, you can "message" them directly
- If the position is full or the applicant does not meet the position's needs, you can "deny" the application. The volunteer will receive a notification that "they have not been approved" and the "pending" position will be removed from their profile.
- You can "approve" the applicant, which will increase the count of how many spots you have filled vs. what you still need (e.g. 4/8 Positions filled)
- If you realize that you need more volunteers for the position then you originally thought (e.g. you created the position to require 4 different people and now you need 6), simply approve as many as you need; the platform will automatically update the numbers for you.
2. REMOVE APPLICANTS
If you need to remove an approved volunteer from a position, all you have to do is:
- go to your 'Positions & Events' page in your management area
- click on the volunteer number on the position card
- hit the red 'X' button
- consider writing the volunteer a quick message about why they are no longer signed-up to volunteer
*TIP: This volunteer will remain in your 'Volunteers' tab, so you can continue message and recognize them.
If any of your volunteers are a no-show and did not end up volunteering for a position that you posted, all you have to do is:
- Go to your Management area > Positions and Events tab
- Use the drop-down to select "Completed Positions" if the position is in the past
- then simply use the same process as removing applicants. This will remove the position from the volunteer's profile, as well as from their options to log hours for it.