Build your brand by personalizing your organization's profile, inspire others with your involvement in the community and raise awareness of your cause.
This will attract new donors, volunteers and sponsors while increasing retention of your current supporters.
You may have already completed a great deal of this information during registration, but you can always edit and refine your profile by pressing "edit profile" or from your Management area.
Note: some of the information on this page automatically updates based on your activity (e.g. posting stories).
1) BRING YOUR PAGE TO LIFE
- Add a banner and a logo (hover over these buttons for recommended sizes)
Tip: a square logo fits best
2) BUILD YOUR BRAND IDENTITY
- From your profile page click ‘edit profile’ to add contact info and link social accounts
- Add a YouTube video
- Add your top 3 causes
- Create an organization description and overview by filling out ‘About us’ and ‘Community mission'
Tip: Try to be concise, but include what your organization does, its specialties, and what makes your organization unique
3) ENGAGE BUSINESS SUPPORTERS / DONORS
You can recognize businesses that support your organization by:
- Writing them a testimonial
- Showcase their logo on your profile under a section labeled "We work with the following Businesses"
*Learn how to complete both of these actions from your Business Recognition page
NOTE: When employees volunteer for an event or position that you have hosted, their company is recognized for their involvement. Businesses can not pay to have their logos appear, and must earn the ability to be included in a section on your profile that says: "Employees from these businesses volunteer with us:". We call this "Earned Branding" for businesses that show they care about getting involved in the community.
- Registered Charity ID (if applicable): if you are a registered charity, enter your official ID. This will enable a donation button on your profile page. Donations are currently done through 'Place to Give'; Do Some Good does not currently process donations and assume no responsibility for using this 3rd party service
4) ENGAGE THE COMMUNITY
- Post stories about community involvement, donations, working with business users of Do Some Good, or to recognize volunteers.
- Add any events or positions. This can be done from your ‘Management’ area. These positions and events automatically populate based on what you have created under the 'Management' tab. It will only show active and upcoming positions and not display archived, completed or past positions. If you have not yet added an event or position, this section will be hidden from your profile until you do.
***Once you post a position or event - share it to the newsfeed (and social media) to raise awareness!
- Re-share great content! When you find a great story on Do Some Good, you can select "Share" and then choose "Re-share to Do Some Good". When you re-share the original post, you may want to @ mention any organizations, good companies or people that you work or volunteer with, so they are notified.
Click HERE to learn more about adding positions for an Event
Click HERE to learn more about adding non-event positions
5) POPULATE YOUR PROFILE...TOGETHER
- Invite volunteers
- Encourage volunteers to use @ to mention your organization when posting stories
All posts by your organization and about your organization (by volunteers or supporting businesses) will appear here once you approve them. As an admin, you can also post from this page on behalf of your organization. Learn more about How to post a story to recognize others and strengthen your relationship with businesses.
Now, it’s time to promote your organization's profile!
There are plenty of ways for users to discover your organization's page on Do Some Good on their own, but there are also things you can do to actively promote your page. Use the ‘share’ button on your profile to share your page on social media.
OTHER OPTIONAL PROFILE UPDATES
ORGANIZATION IMPACT / THE EFFECT VOLUNTEERS CAN MAKE
- Click "Add" to create an organization-level impact statement (these can also be added for each individual volunteer position you post, but is optional in all places)
- Create your best educated assumption of what impact 1 hour (or a different number) has.
SHOWCASE PARTNERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS WITH ORGANIZATIONS & SUPPORTING FOUNDATIONS
Help other organizations that you work with increase their cause awareness by featuring them on your organization's profile.
- Go to your 'Organization Profile' page in your Management area and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click 'Add Organization' and search for the organization you would like to recognize