We make it easy for you to streamline your workflow for forms and submissions, no matter how many admins or reviewers you have.
- Default Owner Settings
- How to Assign Ownership of Submissions: Triage to Multiple Admins
- How to Assign Ownership of a Form
Default Owner Settings
When you create a form, the default setting is that there is no owner assigned. The same goes for submissions. This means that when applicants fill out your form, and you receive submissions, ALL of your admins on Do Some Good will receive in-platform notifications and emails about ALL of your forms and submissions.
If this works for you - great!
- If you want 1 admin to receive all communication about a specific FORM, follow these steps.
- If you have donation/sponsorship requests being made to multiple locations, you can have 1 Lead Admin manage all incoming submissions and assign them to the appropriate person for review. Read on!
How to Assign Ownership of Submissions: Triage to Multiple Admins
If you would like to have 1 admin be the owner of a form (LEAD ADMIN) and triage submissions to other admins (SECONDARY ADMINS) so that they only receive communications relevant to a specific submission(s), use the following steps to easily make this happen:
1. PRIOR to assigning ownership, make sure you have invited staff members to be admins on Do Some Good. In your Management area, simply go to the "Team" page and to the "Invite Admins" tab to send invites.
IMPORTANT: Every admin you invite will have access to ALL of your Do Some Good features and data. Ensure you only invite trusted staff to be admins.
2. Click the "Details" button next to the submission you would like to assign.
3. You will land on your Submission Details page. Scroll to the bottom to the Transfer Ownership area.
4. Click "Set Owner" and assign an admin to that submission.
IMPORTANT: When you assign an admin to a submission (and assuming they have notification emails turned on), they will immediately get an email notification so they are aware of a new submission that requires their attention.
Please make sure you speak with your admins about your own internal process and define clear roles and responsibilities for them (e.g. whether they should add admin notes or not, what state to move it to, whether to message applicants or not, etc). Please read our article about Managing Submissions thoroughly to fully understand all of the actions that can be taken by you and other admins.
1. Ensure you have received an invite as an admin and have set up your account on Do Some Good. If you have not received an invite, ask your lead admin to send you one. Make sure to verify your email (you would have been sent a separate email asking you to do this).
2. Ensure you are set up to receive in-platform notifications and emails. Click on your name in the top right hand corner and go to "Settings & Privacy". Ensure all notification settings are checked.
3. To view a list of submissions, go to your company's Management Area by clicking the "Manage" button underneath your name in the top right-hand corner. Then go to the "Forms & Story Generator" page in the left-hand navigation and click the "Submissions" tab.
4. To view only YOUR submissions, click the "Any Owner" dropdown and choose your name to only see those submissions that are relevant to you.
PRO TIP: Once you have done this, we recommend you bookmark this page to easily come back to your personalized list of submissions.
NOTE: When your lead admin assigns a new submission to you, you will receive an email. You can click the "View / Manage Submission" button in your email to go directly to the new submission that requires your attention.
Now that your lead admin is triaging submissions and you know where to go to find your specific submissions, please read our article about Managing Submissions thoroughly. Please also make sure you speak with your lead admin about your own internal process (e.g. whether you should add admin notes or not, what state to move it to, whether to message applicants or not, etc).
How to Assign Ownership of a Form
To assign ownership to a FORM:
- Click on the "Manage" button next to your form.
- You'll land on your Form Details page. Scroll to the bottom to the Transfer Ownership area.
- Click "Set Owner" and select which admin should receive all communications for that form.
Article is closed for comments.